Known as the Old Homestead, the original structure of Mirabelle at Three Village Inn was built in 1751 by Richard Hallock.
In 1835, Jonas Smith, one of the country’s most prominent ship owners, purchased Hallock Homestead for use as a summer house. After his death in 1867, the house had a series of owners until 1929 when Mrs. Frank Melville purchased and renovated it for use as a Women’s Exchange.
As people visited the area, she started serving tea, sandwiches, and refreshments. What began as a simple tea room in the 1930s became a large restaurant with rooms to accommodate overnight guests in 1939. A fine country inn was born, the Three Village Inn.